Grilled Mediterranean Chicken
Grilled Mediterranean Chicken on white plate and blue linen
A flavorful rub of Fresh Rosemary, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Brown Sugar and Salt. The aromatics from your grill will tell your taste buds that its in for treat.
- 2 –3 lbs. Chicken, any combination of breasts and thighs (bone-in or boneless)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Rosemary, minced
- 3 Teaspoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- In a small bowl mix the rosemary with the brown sugar, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- In a shallow pan, drizzle the oil over the chicken and toss to coat. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with the rosemary mixture and let marinate for 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- Prepare a hot charcoal fire or heat a gas grill with all burners on medium high for 10 minutes. Clean the hot grate with a wire brush and then lubricate it with an oil-soaked paper towel. OR turn off the burners and spray with cooking spray. Then relight grill.
- Put the chicken on the grate and grill (covered on a gas grill or uncovered over a charcoal fire) until one side has dark grill marks, about 8-10 minutes for large thighs and bone-in breasts or 5 minutes for medium and small thighs and boneless chicken breasts.
- Turn and continue grilling for about 5 to 6 minutes longer for large thighs or 4 to 5 minutes for medium and small thighs. The internal temperature for chicken breasts should reach 130-135 degrees and chicken thighs should reach about 145-150 degrees. When the chicken is pierced with a fork the juices should run clear.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 8 minutes before serving.
A 4-5 ounce serving of chicken breast is 1 WW Smart Point
A 4 ounce serving of chicken thigh is 5 WW Smart Points
Source : miascucina.com